We are an international Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) community based in the lovely Netherlands.
What’s our vision and mission? Keep scrolling down 🙂
Join our Slack
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on LinkedIn
Key events (2022)
- Dutch Post-CHI 2022 – June 22, 2022!
- […] – More events to follow!
- Oct -Nov, 2020 – CHI NL Co-creation sessions
- June 9-10, 2021 – Dutch Post-CHI 2021. Website: https://cwi-dis.github.io/dutch-chi/
- Nov 4, 2021 – CHI NL dinner @ The Green House (Utrecht). Website: https://www.thegreenhouserestaurant.nl/. All members welcome!
- Nov 10-12, 2021 – Third symposium on Biases in Human Computation and Crowdsourcing (Delft). Website: https://www.bhcc-symposium.com/
- Nov 11 , 2021– UXinsight: Making UX Research more inclusive. Website: https://uxinsight.org/uxinsight-unfolds-2021/
- Mar 8, 2022 – 16:00-18:00 CET –General Assembly
(we are seeking new board members!)
Get in touch
Do you have an event you want to organize and would like us to promote it? Want to get involved? We are happy to support you, drop us an e-mail at email@example.com
How can I get involved?!
We have a number of task forces to power up our growing community, including:
Join our Slack to get started!
Are you a SIGCHI chapter?
Yes, see our previous announcement.
To connect professionals in HCI in and (particularly) across academia and industry
To support professionals in HCI in academia and industry
To represent HCI professionals in relevant circles (such as government and public perception of HCI)
What’s the story?!
CHI NL has gone through a period of lessened activity, whereby the landscape of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) research and practice, and the way it has been self organizing in the Netherlands, changed.
In revitalizing CHI NL, the new board (initiated August 2020) has taken the opportunity to ‘rethink’ the vision and mission for CHI NL (see above) through a series of lovely co-creation sessions that took place in Oct-Nov, 2020.
- Initially, the Board underwent an inception period of six months
- During this period, members and outsiders were invited to share their ideas
- Members can (still) express their interest in being active in CHI NL — get in touch!
Check our ROADMAP (2021 and beyond) here.
Current CHI NL board members
Koen van Turnhout (Hogeschool Utrecht) – Chair
Karin Slegers (Zuyd Hogeschool) – Vice Chair
Lars Lischke (Elsevier) – Secretary
Abdallah El Ali (CWI) – Co-Treasurer
Gido Hakvoort (Hog. Windesheim) – Co-Treasurer
Lisa Koeman (Elsevier) – Member
Ujwal Gadiraju (TU Delft) – Member
Reiner Bruns (Scotty Technologies)- Member
Previous CHI NL board members