CHI Nederland (also known as CHI NL) aims to create an inclusive and safe environment for people to convene and discuss topics related to Human-Computer Interaction. CHI Nederland is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
This code of conduct applies to all CHI Nederland spaces, including our online and offline events and our Slack community. By participating in these spaces all attendees, speakers, and sponsors commit to following this code of conduct.
CHI Nederland will not tolerate harassment of people in any form, in person or online, including but not limited to:
- Verbal comments, including jokes, that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion
- Verbal threats or demands or personal attacks
- Sexualized, discriminatory, and/or exploitive images in any conference space, including presentations, sponsor exhibits, or public areas
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any harassing behaviors
If you notice or experience harassment of any form, please contact a CHI Nederland board member in person, via email, or via Slack. You can also reach out to the whole CHI Nederland board by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals who violate the standards set out in this Code of Conduct may be sanctioned, expelled, or excluded from future participation at the discretion of the CHI Nederland board.
Thanks to ACM, PhillyCHI, EPIC and GeekFeminism whose Codes of Conduct informed ours.