On the 8th of March 2022, we held our annual General Assembly. This meeting is an opportunity to update everyone on the progress CHI Nederland has made, and to discuss future plans. It’s also a somewhat formal affair: in this meeting the annual financial report is approved by the members, and new board members are voted in.
Some key highlights for 2020/2021 include:
- CHI Nederland (co-)organized three events: Dutch Post-CHI 2021, UXInsights Unfolds, and BHCC 2021
- Growth of the HCI community and launch of multiple task forces:
- EduCHI: supporting HCI education
- CommuniCHI: growing CHI Nederland’s online presence
- EventCHI: (co-)organizing academic and industry events
- LobbyCHI: lobby for the importance of HCI research in the Netherlands
- InclusiveCHI: special interest group on inclusivity and accessibility
- HealthCHI: special interest group on health HCI
- CHI Nederland has become an official Local ACM SIGCHI Chapter again
Plans for 2022
In 2022 we hope to maintain the momentum and figure out how to encourage active community involvement in the different task forces. We plan to organize several events this year and we’re aiming to relaunch the Gerrit van der Veer scriptieprijs (thesis prize).
New board members
After our call for new board members went out in 2021 we received several expressions of interest, and during the General Assembly four new candidate board members were voted into the CHI Nederland board.
- Reiner Bruns (Scotty Technologies)
- Gido Hakvoort (Hogeschool Windesheim)
- Ujwal Gadiraju (TU Delft)
- Lisa Koeman (Elsevier)
We need your help
Are you interested in helping organize events, writing a position paper to define the Dutch HCI research agenda, or increasing the visibility of CHI Nederland in academia and industry? We’re looking for volunteers, please join our Slack workspace to learn more. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Posted by: Lisa